|Action Message Format (AMF)|
|Wikipedia||Action Message Format|
AMF is the Action Message Format. AMF is a proprietary data format created by Macromedia (now Adobe) and used by different mediums: Flash Remoting, NetConnection, NetStream, LocalConnection and Shared Objects.
All of these mediums share the same core data types and ActionScript data types. Each medium uses its own exclusive envelope. Any AMF-related project should implement reading and writing core data types, relevant ActionScript types, as well as providing support for its envelope type.
AMF has been reverse engineered, and numerous open source and commercial software has been developed because of this.
 External Links
- Adobe: Action Message Format -- AMF 3 (PDF)
- OSFlash: AMF3 Specification
- OSFlash: Data Types for the AMF Data Format
- OSFlash: Actionscript data types in AMF
- OSFlash: Recordsets
- OSFlash: Integers
- OSFlash: Remoting envelope
- OSFlash: Local Shared Object envelope
- OSFlash: Debug information
- OSFlash: Predefined headers
- vanrijkom.org: AMF Format